My Suede Addiction
A few of my favorite suede things:
GAP Messenger Bag: My dream is to own a Proenza Schouler PS1 one day, but unfortunately it is way out of my budget. So, when the GAP produced this affordable version I immediately snapped it up.
Zara Clutch: Love the color and the additional strap because it can be worn for errands or for nights out.
Steve Madden Pumps: I was searching for a pop color pump and immediately fell in love with these.
Zara Booties: These booties are really comfy and gives me my heel fix during fall and winter months.
Fringe Clutch: This has been my go to clutch for the past five years and it’s still going strong :)
Liven up a neutral eye by lining your lower lash line with a bright color.
The Perfect Fit
To say I fell in love with this Zara dress at first sight is a severe understatement. I was immediately enamored with it and thought of several different ways to style it within the first couple of minutes of seeing it online. I knew dress would require some tailoring, but I didn’t realize how much.
My beautiful dress was swallowing my 5’1 frame whole! But with the help from a tailor, my dress now fits like a dream :)
We Like to Paaaarty
On Crystal: Romper, Forever 21; Shoes, Steve Madden; Clutch, Rebecca Minkoff
On Keitha: Shirt & Skirt, H&M; Belt & Necklace, J.Crew; Clutch, American Apparel
Casual chic is effortless, cool, and modern in an understated and simplistic way. With just a few key items, you can update your wardrobe to be just that. We put together a list of five pieces to start off with to get that ” I didn’t even think about it” look we all love to love. Here are our picks for modern classics:
1. Pocket blouse - Think of this as your grown up “white tee”. It is the basic under layer for many outfits and you can add to it to enhance it’s over all appeal.
2. Something metallic - Lurex yarns, foil printed tops, sequin tees, or glitter accents can add some “day glow” to any outfit. Bring some night time to your day time with a metallic hit.
3. Slim leg pant - Easy and instantly chic ala Audrey Hepburn or professional for a modern work look. These are so widely popular, you can find them in most stores in a variety of colors.
4. Wide leg denim trouser - If you need a vacation from the skinny, this is your destination. Looks like your walking on water when the hem line covers your heel.
5. Cognac belt - I know many people believe if you wear black and brown accessories should never been worn together; however, cognac goes with everything. It’s a nice worn in luggage color and gives you a paired down yet still polished look. Try mixing it into your regular rotation and you will see it is surprisingly versatile.
Prevail Nail Lacquer
Up until a couple months ago my nail polish brand of choice was Essie. That changed as soon as I tried Prevail. I noticed them as I was browsing the aisles in Duane Reade, they were on sale for $3 (regularly priced at $6) and naturally I bought two to try lol. The formula goes on smoothly, applies evenly and dries quickly. I am hooked and have bought more colors.
Colors Left to Right: City Sparkle, Downtown Diva, Blue Me Away, Brooklyn Bound, Urban Flair
My fav is Brooklyn Bound of course :)
The Long and Short of it …
Top, Asos; Pants, H&M; Shoes, Zara; Sunglasses, H&M.
Top and Shorts, H&M; Shoes, Zara; Sunglasses, Ray Ban.
Finding the right makeup can be a daunting and overwhelming process, especially since there are so many choices and new products constantly popping up on the market. But once you have the right foundation (no pun intended lol) everything else becomes easier. Here are some products you should have in your starter kit:
1. Foundation - Serves as a tool intended to even out skin tone and cover minor skin imperfections. Smashbox’s BB cream is great if you are looking for an “all in one”, since it serves as a primer and tinted moisturizer.
2. Concealer - Extra coverage for skin problems like acne marks or dark circles. Make Up For Ever’s Full Cover concealer is highly pigmented and covers well.
3. Blush - Puts color back into your face after you have applied foundation. Nyx’s Cream Blush in Red Cheek allows for the perfect subtle flush.
4. Mascara - Defines your lashes. The brush is what makes the difference since the formula generally remains the same. Stila’s Glamoureyes generally does the trick.
5. Lip Color - Gloss, lip stick, paint pots, jumbo pencils whatever your preference find your signature color. OCC’s Lip Tars are highly pigmented and are great when used with glosses (MAC Revealing pictured).
Top and Hat, J Crew; Shorts, H&M; Sandals, Banana Republic
Tank, Forever 21; Skirt, Forever 21; Shoes, J.Crew; Sunglasses, H&M
Reaching the Target
For months now, I have been obsessing over home decor, furniture, and how to make my personal style reflect in my home style. Although it can be fun going through old Domino Magazine issues and reading new blogs, you begin to realize just how expensive all this can become! I’m definitely no heir, princess, or spoiled rich chick, so achieving a modern look has been a financial challenge. I’ve begun to split my shopping funds in half, sacrificing shoes for duvets, and threads for lamps. Let’s just say it’s a project of love…
Here is a look at my inspirations from West Elm:
Here are my purchases from Target:
Stripe Duvet = $22.95
Mirrored Night Stands = $99.00 each
Anyone else find good deals at Target?
This is how we start our days:
What are you listening to?